This training centre started its first course in 2014 on receipt of approval by DMA.
The centre has in place a QS to ISO 9001: 2008 standards certified by LR.
The training centre is approved to deliver the following STCW courses:
- CoC (MEO) – Class I, Class I & II (combined), Class III, IV and V courses;
- Updating Courses for MEO – Class I, Class II and Class III;
- Updating Courses for ETO;
- High Voltage Courses for MEO Class I & Class II;
- High Voltage Courses for MEO Class III;
- High Voltage Courses for ETO;
- Engine Room Resource Management and Leadership & Management/Team working skills Course for MEO;
- Revalidating Training Course for Rating Forming Part of an Engine-room Watch;
- Training Course for Able Seafarers (Engine).
Training Facilities and Equipment:
- Engine Room Simulator;
- Heavy Fitting Shop with 3 tons Electric crane,
– Generator with different components,
– Main Engine with different components for stripping/ fitting;
- Steering Gear Room;
- Auxiliary Engine Room with Purifiers, Turbochargers, Oily Water Separator;
- Workshop with:
– Bench fitting section,
– Arc/gas welding section,
– Machine shop with lathes, shaping machine, milling machine and vertical drilling machine,
- Electrical workshop and practical training room with – radar, gyro accessories, refrigeration circuit, navigation lights, boiler control circuit, pneumatic control circuit;
- Welding Simulator Room.